I normally use Coconut Oil for my fried rice but this morning I decided to use the same pan that I used for the Thai Basil Chicken and used the left over oil and flavor from that pan. I always do this whenever I am making something that has sauce like adobo or any stir fry.
I love making fried rice.
I feel like it can make a simple breakfast extra special.
Breakfast for my husband this morning was
shrimp fried rice with turkey sausage and over medium egg.
leftover rice stored in the refrigerator overnight is perfect for this
whenever I use spam, I don't season the fried rice anymore because the spam is already salty
Frozen Mixed Vegetables,
you can add as little or as many as you like
Frozen Peeled Shrimp,
i usually just add 4 at a time but you can add as many as you like
Coconut oil, Butter or Vegetable Oil
1 egg, optional
1. Heat your frying pan and add oil when your ready.
Just add enough to saute the onion and garlic.
2. Saute onion first. (I use yellow onion because it has more flavor)
3. Add the garlic and cook until it's brown.
4. Add the shrimp and once it's turning pink, add the spam.
5. Once you see that the spam is turning brown, add the mixed vegetables.
6. Check the green beans from the mixed vegetables. Once it already turned green, add the rice.
7. Keep mixing and stirring the rice because you don't want it to get burned.
8. Crack the egg and mix it with the rice. The egg will make the rice wet so keep on mixing the rice until it's already dry. When it's dry, it's ready to be served.
The egg will coat the rice and will give you a nice color of brownish rice. Some people use soy sauce to get this color and to season the rice but the saltiness from the spam is enough to give it a subtle flavor. You can find some fried rice recipe that will ask you to scramble your egg separately but I don't add the egg for the egg taste because my husband want's an over easy egg for every breakfast.
What do you like to put in your fried rice?